An Illegal Poker Casino was raided and closed down by Pattaya Police officers… During the raid, police were able to arrest 9 foreigners who were committed into gambling. The foreigners were tourists from the USA, UK, Belgium, Austria, Canada and Austria, they were reportedly aged from 25 to 67… .Huge amounts of cash money were seized as well. Police will now try to dig further into the case in order to find and arrest the organizer of the illegal poker casino.
Monthly Archives: July 2013
Publicly-listed Bloomberry Resorts Corp. swung to a net profit in the second quarter from a net loss in January to March after its upscale Solaire Resort & Casino recorded strong revenues, the company noted in a disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange on Wednesday. “It is gratifying to know that Solaire has begun to generate profit after only a few months. I am confident that this trend will continue,” Enrique Razon Jr., Bloomberry chairman and president, said. Bloomberry turned in P22.7 million net profit out of the P3.598 billion in revenues Solaire generated in April to June. Gross gaming revenues totaled P3.893 billion. Non-gaming revenues from the hotel, food and beverage, retail and other operations reached P267 million, while interest income amounted to P14.9 million. Excluding promotional allowances of P576.4 million, gaming revenues accounted for 92 percent of total revenues, non-gaming revenues for 7.4 percent, and interest income for 0.4 percent.
Macau tycoon David Chow is ripping up the fake volcano and Roman amphitheatre that were the show pieces of a failed theme park he built in the Chinese gaming enclave seven years ago. He is replacing them with something a little less kitsch and more in keeping with the neighborhood: a casino resort boasting an opera house and dinosaur museum that he hopes will return him to the spotlight of the world’s largest gambling hub… “It is my time to come now,” said Chow, 62, whose Macau Legend Development Ltd listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange in July, raising $283 million, less than half of what was initially planned.
Jangho Group Co Ltd says it has won the contract to build the façades of the towers that will be part of second phase of the Galaxy Macau casino resort… The second phase includes up to 500 gaming tables and the contract is worth 1.9 percent of Galaxy Entertainment’s budget… Jangho said the work was expected to take 16 months, ahead of the expected opening by 2015.
Caesars previously known as Harrah’s Entertainment Inc paid more than half a billion U.S. dollars in 2007 for the 70-hectare (175-acre) course on a prime site at the southern end of Macau’s new casino district the Cotai Strip. But in 2008 the firm was told by the Macau government it would not be allowed to turn Caesars Golf Macau into a casino project. That immediately led analysts to write down the potential value of the land.
A senior government official said yesterday convicted gangster Wan Kuok Koi would be treated “equally” with other applicants if he wanted to be in the “gaming promotions business” a technical term for VIP casino gambling operations in Macau. It was precisely an association with such business in Macau that got Mr Wan also known as ‘Broken Tooth’ Koi a 15-year jail term for being a triad gang member and leader, money launderer and loan shark following his arrest in May 1998.
The Secretary for Economy and Finance, Francis Tam, said the development of Hengqin will bring as many as five to six million visitors to Macau..In response to SMEs’ concerns that the investment requirements are too high for small companies to participate directly in the district’s development, Tam said SMEs should think of the project from a different perspective. He reminded the business sector that Hengqin’s development would bring many more visitors. He expected that travelers commuting between Macau and Hengqin would gradually increase to the range of five to six million.
Legislative Assembly member Chan Meng Kam has proposed that the government set up a publicly owned gaming company that all Macau residents would have a stake in. Some observers Business Daily spoke to believe the idea is worth discussing.Others believe it is a populist gimmick floated with September’s Legislative Assembly elections in mind. Mr Chan has put up posters around the city in the past few days calling for “a resident-owned gaming company”. The Chinese-language poster says: “Everyone can be boss. Money given out each year.”
Camelot, which has run the lottery since its launch in 1994, will raise the price from £1 to £2, starting with the draw on Saturday, October 5. It said the move was in response to a fall in player numbers and calls from the public for more ways to win. However it prompted accusations of “greed” and threats to boycott the game. Ukip deputy leader Paul Nuttall said: “It does seem greedy to double the price. This is more about the profits of Camelot than the players and good causes.”
In just six weeks Dundee’s Gala Casino will be gone forever. Demolition bosses are moving in to start tearing down the building, with the Hilton Hotel not far behind. It marks the latest phase in the £1 billion waterfront redevelopment, and contractors Hunter Demolition have arrived on-site ready for work to begin. Mark Hill, who is overseeing the demolition of both the Gala Casino and the Hilton Hotel, said: “Most of the ripping out of the interior fittings in the Gala is done now.